The demand for commercial properties has increased substantially in the past few years. With many companies expanding and new ones cropping up, owning a commercial property has become similar to owning a gold mine. It is because commercial property tenants tend to pay handsomely for the rented space. But the management of a commercial property is much difficult. Therefore, it is prudent to hire professional commercial Property Management Sioux Falls services for this purpose.
A commercial property management is, in its essence, quite similar to residential property management. It also has the same steps like management, maintenance, record keeping, tracking expenses, etc. Inspection is one of the most important jobs of a property manager. A property needs to be inspected at regular intervals in order to find the things that need to be fixed, to ensure proper and legal utilization of the property and to ensure that the tenant has not damaged the property in any irreparable way. The frequency of these inspections depends upon a lot of things like, the number of tenants in the building, the type of visitors etc.
One of the most basic mistakes which a Property Management Sioux Falls firm can make is to go for a property inspection without having a game plan in mind. If a property manager goes for an inspection without a proper plan of action, he or she is likely to glaze over certain important things in the process.
Therefore, it is recommended that a property manager makes a list of the things to be inspected in the property. The list should be prepared in the form of a check list, where the problematic things could be crossed and the OK things can be ticked off. This would also help in properly maintaining the commercial properties and their timely repairs. There are a few things which a Property Management Sioux Falls firm should absolutely make sure to inspect regularly, in case of commercial properties.
- The exterior surface of the building like walls, roof, ceiling, drainage pipes, etc. These surfaces bear the brunt of nature and are most susceptible to damage.
- The landscaping done, like gardens, pavements etc. They should be properly inspected regularly to ensure that they remain in top-notch conditions.
- The car parks, entry and exits signs and direction indicators should be checked as well in order to repair any discoloration or fading of the signs.
- Every building has numerous security and safety measure which were built in place when the building was constructed. All the safety exits, alarms, doors, locks should be maintained in sound working condition, at all times.
- The elevators and stairs should also not be forgotten during inspection. Any negligence in their maintenance can cause serious accidents.
- All the mechanical and electrical parts like air conditioning, switch boards, power switches etc. should also be checked regularly.
Though the frequency of inspection generally vary from manager to manager, it is advisable that a commercial property should be inspected at least once a month to maintain optimum working order. A little extra effort on the property manager’s part can make a huge difference in case of commercial property management Sioux Falls.